Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Intuitive Painting



Wild Heart Painting!  Wow!  I think I've found my heart centered home.  Chris Zydel teaches people to paint intuitively and discover them selves through painting. Here is her site:
http://creativejuicesarts.com/wild-heart-painting/
What is striking about this is that I recently had my own bit of discovery.  For the previous year, I had enjoyed a lovely habit of sitting by the pool on Sundays with a group of friends and painting. It was a joyous exercise of just putting paint to canvas and paper and just exploring art in my own way.  I had a glorious year in this way.   

Recently wanting to improve my skills as a painter, I signed up for a quite expensive series of art lessons that I found I tortured my self with, too driven to meet a creative bar that for me I discovered was set too high and I did not particularly like.  And was so dissatisfying to try and paint like an artist or hear the critical suggestions of my instructor.  And half way through I decided  I just did not care.  That art was something I engaged in to express myself on my terms,!  an expression of my inner self.  And so I decided WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK!   

I just need to LOVE the PROCESS of creating, who cares about the out come, it is the feel of the brush, feel of the strokes, the smooth slippery feel of lots and lots of paint globby paint my brush.  And the beautiful beautiful friendships of the ladies and children that joined me .  And so I embrace my informal Art Sundays with the sometimes goofy art that results.


2 comments:

  1. Deborah, That poster is one of my faves, i have it posted my desk.
    You have a wonderful website and am so glad i popped over. Blessings to you in all that you do!
    Rosalind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosalind! And thanks for leaving a comment! Deborah:-)

      Delete

Please add your comment or question here.